We’re delighted to announce that we’re now accepting speaker applications for TEDxSherborne on 9th May 2019.
Potential speakers will find more information about our theme ‘Fit for the Future’ here.
We’ve canvassed the over 600 members of our local community to identify front-of-mind issues relating to our theme of ‘Fit for the Future’. Potential speakers should be mindful that we are prioritising ideas for talks which speak imaginatively to one of these issues. That said, we are of course open to ‘wildcard’ proposals for talks that blow our mind with something unexpected and totally inspiring.
The top-of-mind issues that we are primarily focused on are:
- Coping with pressures of life (e.g. pressure to perform, pressure to conform)
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Who can we trust to serve our best interests? (e.g. loss of trust in government and business)
- Sustainable communities (e.g. death of the high street, energy, waste, affordable housing, transport, food poverty, inequality, gender)
- Fear of the other (e.g. rise of intolerance, extremism, lack of diversity)
- Bridging the age divide (e.g. ageing population, connecting young & old)
- The impact of technology on our lives (e.g. distorting effect on relationships)
The spirit of TEDxSherborne will be one of optimism and playfulness, perhaps even a little bit naughty. It is in this spirit that we wish to tackle head on some of the issues that matter most to our community, in order to create a conversation around how we can intentionally create the future that we want together.
The speaker application process will close at midnight on 14th December 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed by mid-January and called for audition either in person on one of the following dates:
- Thursday 24th January 2019
- Sunday 27th January 2019
- Thursday 31st January 2019
- Sunday 3rd February 2019
…or else by Skype at a time convenient to you if you can’t make an audition in person.
If you wish to be a speaker at TEDxSherborne, please apply here.
The TEDxSherborne Team