Today I was warmly welcomed at Leweston School for the first in a round of assembly talks at our local secondary schools aimed at briefing their pupils and staff on TEDxSherborne, focusing particularly on the opportunities for young people to get involved:
- As a speaker or performer
- Speaker selection and support
- Communications including social media and livestreaming
- Event design and management
- Film production and post-production
- Community outreach and engagement
We will shortly be recruiting volunteers to help across all of the above areas – follow our blog feed for further details.
Participating in TEDxSherborne will be a great way for young people to develop skills or career interests, not to mention complete a volunteering section for DofE or even have something interesting to put into their UCAS personal statement to help it stand out.
Assembly talks are being held as follows:
- Friday, 28th September … Leweston School
- Monday, 1st October … Sherborne School and The Gryphon (Yr11)
- Wednesday, 3rd October … Sherborne Girls
- Monday, 8th October … The Gryphon (Yr10)
- Friday, 12th October … The Gryphon (Yr12/13)
Attached are my speaking notes and slide deck for the benefit of staff or pupils who can’t make the assemblies or who want to re-use them in tutor groups etc.
Thanks again to Leweston School for giving me such a warm welcome this morning. I look forward to meeting with the other schools over the next couple of weeks…